Thursday, November 02, 2006

Motivation

On Nov. 11th, Veteran's Day, I'll be attempting another World Record. This time for running a mile while carrying a 40 lb pack all in 5 min 35 sec. People ask me all the time why I contuinue to attempt these crazy stunts. For me, it's just to challenge this incredible human body that we were all given. To see what this thing can do. It's not for the glory or the ego. The human body was meant to be challenged and tested and pushed. It was not meant to sit behind a desk all day punching a key board. I know at times it can be difficult to motivate ourselves. And I know that it is something we all have in us but just need to find. I like to call it, "the fire inside." Think about this for a second. Are you happy with you current fitness level or state of mind? No. Then do something about it. Set a goal. Make a serious promise with yourself to take back control of your life. It is your life and doesn't belong to Nintendo or McDonalds. If you still need a little motivation, check out this video. I guarantee that it will fire you up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4B-r8KJhlE Remember, "We're not here for a long time, just for a good time!"

No comments: