Tuesday, March 20, 2007

From Kyle in Canada

I just received this email from Kyle in Cananda. I thought you guys might enjoy it. It's a great story.

hey joe!

So everyone has a story, heres mine.

I live WAY far north. In a town called yellowknife, nwt, canada. Here we have winter for 8 or more months of the year. I always made excuses for myself, not working out in the winter and saying ill wait for the summer....but guess what? I never did.

I grew up as the BIG Boy in school, teased from time to time, but i used my size to kinda intimidate them. I did alot of out doors stuff like camping, fishing, hunting, and all that. And i got plenty of excersize from it. I also played alot of sports, soccer, basketball, hockey, paintball and many more. But what i ate and drank (alcohol) and how much of it was killing me from the inside out. You know the meals im talking about, the momma's home cooked meals. The ones with more meat and white breads and pastas, and sugars. Id sit down and CLEAR 3 PLATES!!

So on new years day (2007) i stepped on a scale and weiged myself....I was shocked. I was a 19 year old guy out of high school, that weighed in at a whopping 307lbs!

This shocked me, i was depressed for a few days, not sure what to do or where to start, it just seemed like an obstacle that i couldnt conquer.

Then i decided to do something about it. I got a gym membership. I was workingout everyday, drinking lots of water, but i was skipping almost all my meals accept dinner. Where i would fill up on more than i would before!

So then i found your book at walmart (where i work by the way). And i flew threw it in just 2 evenings. Your story reminder me of me alot. So then i decided it was time to change. I started the power of eating program. Whole grains, no bad fats, no more red meat, cut the sugars, everything i should be doing i did. Im eating vegies like brocoli, carots, and snap peas (which i love now). I have been substituting mustard for mayo. And i have started the "shock your body" program too. What a difference!

So here it is. I started the program on january 9th 2007. I weighed in at 307 lbs. Now its march 17, 2007. And in just about 10 weeks. IVE LOST 87 LBS! Thats right, im down to 220! My muscles are toner, arms, legs, I even have pecs haha! And the compliment are great!

So heres my question.. I still have my problem area to take care of. My stomache. Its still really big. I was wondering if i were to work the muscles more in that area, ie abs, lats etc. Will this speed up the weight lossn this area?

any way i really hope youve read this and reply, thanks for everything! And im sure uve heard this before, but your a life saver! thanks again,

Kyle

No comments: