Friday, June 01, 2007

"Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'!"

Hey Gang,

Sorry for the disappearing act, I've been busy trying to come up with new and exciting challenges for myself. Like many of you, I start to lose motivation now and then and have to step back, reevaluate and drive on! Well, I've come up with a couple new adventures with the help of some interesting friends. I'm currently working on a trip to the Amazon with famed Naturalist, Richard Fowler. We're going to parachute out of plane into the Peruvian Amazon, hike through the jungle and try to survive for a couple weeks while meeting indigenous peoples along the way. Still in the process of finalizing but that's the gist of it.
http://www.iquitostimes.com/rfowler-index.htm

The next adventure may have be climbing Everest or a trip to the North Pole. You may ask why? My answer will be, "Because I can." I truly believe that we are not on this old earth for a long time. So the short time that we are here, we need to make the best of it. The "best of it" is different for each and everyone of us. Individually we need to determine that. Before my grandfather past away he would say "Too old too fast." These words motivate me to experience as much as I can while I am still physically capable. Think about. This is our deep thought for the day!

Here's a link to my latest podcast interview. Check it out if you get a chance.
http://www.enduranceplanet.com/

If you are ever in San Diego, come join my Outdoor Fitness class. It's the best in the World and the most fun! Get Fit with the World's Fittest Man (San Diego, CA) - Meetup.com

I'll try to update my Blog more often. Please let me know if you have any particular questions you want answered. I hope that everyone has a great day!

Joe

Joe Decker
"World's Fittest Man"
858-342-2993
www.Joe-Decker.com

"i ran. i ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. then i ran some more."

1 comment:

woody said...

Hey Joe and Nikki, it's Kristi and Woody, just wanted to drop a note and say hi. Any chance of you guys coming back east anytime soon let us know we would love to see you. Kristi's e-mail is krististraiter@msn.com