Outdoor Fitness Workout
This morning was a great workout. Some might even call it tough!;-) We ran a half-mile warm up loop to get started. From there we headed to the stairs. We have a set of stadium stairs at our park that have 128 steps. Pretty substantial. Try to find some comparable or just do more repeats if you want.
- 5 Stairs - up and down is one - ours take 5-6 min to complete all 5
- 50 Crunches - bringing your knees into your chest then back out
- 5 Stairs
- 50 Abs
- 5 Stairs
- 25 Box Jumps
- 25 Starbursts
- 50 Mountain Climbers
- 25 Crunches - Fingers to Toes
- 50 Flutter kicks
- 10 min of stretching
This whole workout should take roughly an hour. Be sure to really push yourself up the stairs to get the most out of it.
Strength Training Workout
I like taking the exercises in groups of two's. It helps to speed it up and keeps my heart rate up. Remember, try to get 2 Sets of 10 Reps. We'll change it up next week.
- Olympic Clean and Press
- DB Flat Bench Press
- DB 1-arm Snatch - this is an Olympic lift -pretty tough, but great exercise
- Barbell Incline Press
- Lying Triceps Extensions or Skull Crushers - lie on a flat bench - bring bar to your forehead
- Decline Cable Flyes
- DB Rear Delts - lie face down on a incline bench for these - lightweight -slowly
- Weighted Bar or Bench Dips - 2 Sets of 25 Reps
- 100 Full Weighted Sit-ups - non-stop or in sets of 10,25,50, etc - just get them done try to use as heavy of weight as possible - I'll probably try a 30-40 lb dumbbell
- 50 Hanging Knee Raises
Check back tomorrow to find a butt-kicker Gut Check Workout to finish off your week. I hope your workouts and training is going well. If you have any questions, please let me know. Have a great day!