Friday, August 24, 2007

Aug 26, It's Friday again!

Time flies when you're having fun. Where did the week go? I'm sure many of us ask that question quite often. If you're healthy and exercising, you can look back and congratulate yourself on a job well done. If you're still making excuses and not taking care of yourself, remember, you are not getting any younger and healthier. Don't let this precious time slip away. It goes just like that. I don't know about you, but I'd rather go doing what I love to do with my head held high instead of laying in a hospital bed with tubes up every orifice in my body. Not a pretty picture. Now get your butt moving!

Outdoor Fitness Workout
This morning we mixed it up a little. I like to do that on Fridays to change it up. We started with a half mile jog for a warm-up. Next;
  • 200 Meter sprints x 8
  • Weighted DB sit-ups - 3 sets x 1 min
  • 5 stadium stair repeats
  • DB Squat-curl-presses - 3 sets x 1 min
  • Mile Run - at 75-80% max
  • 10 min stretching

Gut Check Workout

It is Friday and I'm feeling a little lazy. I'm going to hit a workout that has become old faithful. The "300" Workout. Time yourself. Try to do it faster each time. Good luck. Have fun!

“300” Challenge
-25x Pull-up
-50x Deadlift @ 135#
-50x Push-up
-50x Box Jump @ 24” box
-50x Floor Wiper @ 135# (one-count) -the link below has a video description of these
-50x KB Clean and Press @ 36# (KB must touch floor between reps) (I used a 35 lb dumbbell since I didn't have a Kettlebell)
-25x Pull-up
300 reps total


Off to LA to crew for Nicole, Aaron and Jeremiah. They're all running the Bulldog 50k tomorrow. I'm taking it easy. Getting ready for the San Diego 100 and the Javelina 100 in Oct. Good luck gang! Have a great weekend everyone!

Joe Decker
www.joe-decker.com

No comments: